For a new building to be well insulated, we recommend the following thicknesses (performance levels higher than current Belgian standards).
- Floor: 30mm of rigid insulation (polystyrene, cellular glass, polyurethane, etc.)
- Walls: 80mm of mineral wool or 60mm of extruded polystyrene or 30cm cellular concrete blocks
- Sloping roof: 150 to 160mm of mineral wool
- Flat roof: 100mm of high-density mineral wool or 80mm of polyurethane
- Wood frame, PVC frame or aluminium frame with thermal break + U < 1.3 W/m2K glazing
- Mechanical ventilation
- Oil or gas heating - HR Top, Optimaz or condensation boiler - effective regulation system