ImmoWeb is committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of personal data collected on our site.
We want to deserve the trust you show us by visiting our site and using our services. We also want you to feel at ease while surfing on our site.
This is why we want to inform you in a transparent way of the precautions we take to handle the personal data you communicate to us.
1. How do we collect your personal data ?
1.1. Data you choose to communicate to us
- through the registration form to "My ImmoWeb": your first name, last name, address, post/zip code, city, country, password and contact details (email, telephone, cell phone or fax), your interests and your subscription to one or more newsletters
- through the section "Place an ad": the features of the property that you wish to sell or let
- through the sections "For sale" or "For rent": the search criteria of the properties that you wish to buy or rent
- through the section "My ImmoWeb": the list of properties and/or the search criteria of the properties that you wish to memorise, your personal comments and ratings and your various alerts
- through the section "My ImmoWeb": the list of catalogues you ordered
1.2. Data that is automatically collected
Other personal data is automatically transmitted to us. We collect through cookies:
- your language choice
- your access code
- your password
- several query keywords such as geographic position, type of agreement, nature of the goods/real estate, price,...
Cookies are small computer files that are sent by our servers and placed on the hard disk of your computer. These cookies contain information that can only be read by ImmoWeb, this being only when you are visiting our site. These cookies enable you to navigate on our site in a more convenient way. For instance, you do not have to indicate your language choice each time you visit our site.
You are of course free to refuse the installation of these cookies by modifying the configuration parameters of your web browser (section Tools/Internet Options/Security in Microsoft Internet Explorer; section Preferences in Netscape).
We also automatically collect your TCP/IP address, the type and version of your web browser and the last web page you visited.
2. For what purposes do we collect your personal data ?
2.1. General purposes
We need your personal data :
- to offer you the real estate information services and advertisements displayed on our site
- to allow visitors who read your advertisement to contact you (if you placed a real estate ad on our site)
- to email you the list of properties that match your search criteria (if you subscribed to our "email alert" service)
- to keep you informed of new products and services offered on our site, and to send you information on the center of interests you have selected in your account.
- to compile statistics on the number of visits in the various sections of our site
- to carry out the technical administration of our site
- to deliver the information services on decoration, renovation and construction on our site
- to send you the ordered catalogues by mail or email
2.2. Direct marketing and communication to third parties
We regard your personal data as confidential information that we never communicate to third parties and that is never used for direct marketing purposes, unless you gave us your preliminary consent ("opt-in") by ticking the boxes for the various newsletters and requests for information and catalogues in "My ImmoWeb".
Once you have given us your consent, you are free to change your mind at any time. The law states that you have the right, upon request and with no charge, to express your opposition to the treatment of your personal data used for direct marketing purposes. You simply have to communicate your request to our "Privacy Officer" by sending an email to the following address : firstname.lastname@example.org
2.3. Banner ads
Some data is automatically transmitted to our partner Skynet. However, the transmitted data only includes data that does not allow anyone to identify or contact you :
- real estate property location
- real estate property value
- type of real estate property (house, apartment, etc.)
- type of transaction (purchase, sale, rental)
- number of rooms
- choice of language
- other criteria such as the type of heating, the type of kitchen, whether the real estate should be renovated or not, ...
This data enables Skynet and Google to personalize the banner & ads (Adsense) displayed to you on our site.
3. How do we protect the confidentiality of your personal data ?
Your other personal data is not encrypted before being transmitted. However, we have implemented security policies to protect your personal data that we have under our control from :
- unauthorised access or modification
- improper use or disclosure
- unlawful destruction or accidental loss
Our employees who have access to your personal data are obliged to respect the confidentiality of these data.
4. Who is responsible for handling your personal data ?
The entity responsible for handling personal data collected on ImmoWeb is ImmWeb SA/NV, which manages the site and whose registered office is situated at Avenue Général Dumonceau 56/1, 1190 Brussels, Belgium.
It is the Manager of ImmoWeb who is responsible for answering any questions related to the protection of your privacy. You may contact him by sending an email to the following address : email@example.com
5. How can I access my personal data ?
You may access your personal data and rectify it at any time through the section "Address - Modify" by using your personal access code and password.
You may also ask us, free of charge, to gain access to and to delete all your personal data from our database by sending us a letter - enclosing a copy of your identity card - to the controller of the processing, situated on this address :
Attention: ImmoWeb Customer Service
Avenue Général Dumonceau 56/1
1190 Brussels, Belgium
We will provide you with a copy of the personal data we hold about you as soon as possible.
Minors (under 18 years of age) are not eligible to use our site, and we ask them not to submit any personal information to us.
Our policy for the protection of your personal data is strictly compliant with the laws applicable in Belgium and the European Union :
- the Belgian law of 8 December 1992 (the "privacy law") amended by the law of 11 December 1998 and in force since 1 September 2001
- European directive No 95/46/CE of 24 October 1995 on privacy protection