Castle for sale

840000€

6 bedrooms 600 square meters

Immoweb code : 9409250
Immoweb code : 9409250

Overview

6 bedrooms
600 square meters livable space
29324 square meters of land

Description

A 16th century chateau, its hunting lodge and its outbuildin

In a department, more than a third of which is covered with forests and criss-crossed by rivers. Easy to reach, 150 km from Luxembourg and the ski resorts in the Vosges mountains, an hour from Nancy and an international airport. A TGV train station, 20 km away, provides 58-minute links to the French capital. Constructed by the Duke of Bar in 1530, the original chateau became the property of a state councillor in 1610 by order of Henry-de-Lorraine. At the end of the 17th century, both the chateau and the Seigneurie passed to a brigadier of the king's army. A marriage in the second half of the 18th century saw it owned by a knight of the Order of Saint Louis who was the chateau's last lord. The building was bought and redesigned in 1878 by a famous railro ad entrepreneur. On the corner of two streets, used but by residents, this property is totally enclosed by walls and outbuildings. The property, with its efficient security system, is accessed via remote-controlled gates. On the left-hand side, in the shade of a sumptuous chestnut tree, a series of buildings, including a dovecote, is set at right angles to the old stables and the entrance to the hunting lodge. The buildings are laid out around a gravel courtyard with the chateau in the centre. Behind, the parklands are planted with a large variety of species, including a purple beech tree. Its lake, with a small waterfall, is fed by the neighbouring river via a system of sluice gates. The estate is fully electrified and the end of even

Get in touch